STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Asia Private Equity Club at Singapore Management University (“APECS” or “the Club”) is established with the aim to provide opportunities for its Members to:
- learn about the Private Equity & Venture Capital industries from a practitioner’s perspective, with a special focus on the Asian landscape
- network with industry professionals and stakeholders
- be part of a vibrant social community where they can meet and work with fellow students who share similar interests
- enhance their career opportunity set.
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ASIA PRIVATE EQUITY INSTITUTE AT SMU
APECS will operate under the auspices of the Asia Private Equity Institute at SMU (“APEI”). Concretely, this will mean that:
- the Club will receive its initial funding from APEI. Subsequent funding by APEI will be reviewed and decided on a year-by-year basis
- the Director of APEI will act as the Academic Director of the Club
- APEI may, from time to time and at its sole discretion, offer research stipends to members of APECS for the purpose of supporting APEI or APEI – affiliated faculty members in carrying out specific research projects related to the private equity and venture capital industries in Asia. These members will then be designated as APEI Research Fellows.
Last updated on 23 Mar 2017 .